Airline Account Executive
We are currently seeking an experienced Airline Account Executive to join our team in the San Francisco, CA area. This role will cover the West Coast Region of the United States.
Who We Are:
TAP Air Portugal - is a Leading European Commercial Airline, founded in 1945. The airline is a member of the Star Alliance, the largest global alliance of airlines in the world. To learn more about us, please visit us at www.tapairportugal.com/en/about-us/the-new-tap
About the Role:
This position is responsible for the following:
- Achieve established revenue objectives for assigned target Agencies and Corporate customers within the defined sales territory.
- Maintenance and revenue growth of current account base.
- Develop new accounts in the Corporate and Leisure segments.
- Implement and manage Agency and Corporate programs to maximize value and profits for the customer and TAP.
What you ll do:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Promotion of TAP products and destinations presenting customers with solutions using a value-based approach to selling.
- Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new added-value products and services.
- Identify corporate and leisure market potential by prospecting and evaluating new business opportunities.
- Develop plans for existing and new account development by conducting quality account analysis, identifying customer potential, defining objectives, and proposing customer-specific programs.
- Initiate the sales process by preparing weekly sales activity plans complete with customer analysis and clear objectives for each sales call, submitting for approval, scheduling appointments, and executing sales presentations.
- Successfully close sales by identifying and overcoming objections and resistance and negotiating effectively.
- Monitor account performance, revenue and market share, and determine problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Monitoring of competitive products and reactions from accounts and being responsive to competitive threats by contributing information for market strategy.
- Represent TAP at special events, trade shows, and educational trips to develop awareness of TAP in the leisure and corporate markets.
- Networking and developing strong relationships with travel industry professionals (travel agents, tour operators, other airlines, hoteliers, and receptive tour operators in Portugal) and key decision-makers.
- Gain customer loyalty and commitment by building rapport with customers and identifying and understanding customer needs.
- Completion of all administrative duties, which include, but are not limited to: Account Sales Plans, Weekly Sales Activity Plans, Expense Reports, and Contact Management ensuring all customer information is updated daily in Outlook.
- Ongoing professional development by being current in industry developments.
- Travel as required and approved.
Our Perfect Candidate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 3-5 years B2B sales experience
- Proven Sales Skills (i.e. prospecting, identifying prospects needs, presenting, handling objections and closing)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Salesforce.com, and Amadeus or other airline system preferred
- Required language: English required Portuguese a plus
- Valid driver s license and a good driving record
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Time management skills to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Competitive salary will commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available
- Employees and their families enjoy exciting travel privileges, including discounted rates on airline tickets and unlimited standby travel to anywhere TAP Air Portugal flies
Please submit your cover letter, and resume
via the Apply Now button!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer / Pass Pre-Employment Drug Screening!
Please, no phone calls or agency submissions!
Keywords: District Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Sales and Marketing, Sales Director, Sales Manager, Sales Supervisor, Sales, Salesforce, SalesForce, Sandler Selling System, B2B, Business-to-Business
Airline Routes, Travel, International Travel, Airline Sales, Reservations and Tickets