DIRECTOR OF LAB OPERATIONS
Q-PLUS Labs is currently seeking a qualified candidate with mechanical engineering and technical experience to join our team as Director of Lab Operations. The director of lab operations position will oversee management of all areas of the lab to direct activities so that our technical services are performed on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your career in a fast-growing company with competitive compensation.
1. Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
2. Develops the lab plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of operation to ensure that services conform to established customer and company quality standards.
3. Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
4. Formulates and recommends policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
5. Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the lab plan, consistent with established lab and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
6. Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
7. Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity, reduce cost and monitor data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of operation standards.
8. Directs and coordinates various programs essential to lab procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
9. Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., facility layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
10. Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
This position manages all employees of the entire lab and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt, full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelors degree in manufacturing, mechanical engineering or a 4-year technical degree in a related discipline.
2. 10+ years of experience in laboratory, technical services, and/or metrology management, preferably in process-oriented operations and/or related industry.
3. Professional manager with a proven track record. Experience managing small technical service operations.
2. Performance Management.
3. Project Management.
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. Technical Capacity.
6. Stress Management/Composure.
7. Business Acumen.
8. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
9. Problem Solving/Analysis.