As a Manager, Program Contracts this position will support the Airborne Processors (ABP) product line within SAS s Electronic Warfare Systems Mission Area. The candidate will be responsible for front-end engagement in structuring sound business arrangements and developing contract negotiation strategies including planning, organizing and executing proposals, contract negotiations and administering various types of government contracts, including competitive pursuits. Applicant will be responsible for offering solutions to mitigate contractual/program risks, formalize contractual documents, and for providing governance to the program team in carrying out the terms of the contract. Serving as a focal point of contact with the customer for all contractual matters and Raytheon management to resolve problems and secure approvals.
The Contracts professional will have ongoing interface with the customer community, both Prime Contractors and the US Government. The candidate will need to work closely and successfully within program Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and with various customers.
We are looking for someone with initiative, a positive can-do attitude, original and independent thinker to assist product line management and other members of the current contracts staff.
- 10 years' experience in domestic and/or international contracts management, law, engineering or business administration
- Strong knowledge of contractual terms and conditions must have problem solving and people skills and the ability to assist Program Managers in achieving their financial and performance goals and objectives.
- Experience with contracts \"common body of knowledge\" (i.e. FAR, DFARS, ITAR, EAR, TINA, EVMS or UCC)
- Capacity to address issues with a high degree of scope and terms/conditions complexity.
- Aptitude to perform risk assessments on proposals, contracts terms and conditions, potential business deals, and develop strategies to maximize achievement of program financial and performance goals and to minimize potential risks to the business.
- Ability to formulate and execute business strategies to reduce risk, enhance customer satisfaction, build positive customer relationships, improve profitability and support new business opportunities.
- Mature judgment, proactive involvement in strategic issues and problem resolution skills are required.
- Possess the ability to multi-task routine and complex contract and proposal activities while responding to unplanned quick response requirements as they emerge.
- Excellent interpersonal & communications (written and oral) skills
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience working competitive proposals.
- Demonstrates savvy, sensitivity and passion to build and maintain positive relationships and achieve results.
- Uses creativity, innovation, initiative, speed and agility for advantage.
- Excellent analytical and solutions development skills.
- Existing DoD Security clearances or ability to obtain.
- Defense industry experience
- Flexible to address complex contracting issues and able to develop solutions while delivering timely high quality products
- Knowledge of financial business principles and understanding of applicability to contracts and business
- Ability and experience recognizing risk elements in business transactions
- Experience working sole source and competitive domestic and international programs/acquisitions
- Experience with the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS)
- CFCM or Other Professional Certification
Required Education: Bachelor s degree
Desired Education: Graduate level degree is desired
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task