* Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
* Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
* Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
* Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
* Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
* Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
* Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
* Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
* Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
* Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
* Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
* Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
* A team player with good communication skills
* Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
* Very good physical condition and endurance
* High school diploma or equivalent is desirable?
* Training from a culinary school is a plus
Associated topics: appetizer, cocinera de la preparacion, commercial, cook, diner, grill, lunch, persona de parilla, station, stove