It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world. Want in? Oath Ad Platforms is our unified ad tech solution for both advertisers and publishers. Our innovative ad tech gives one stop access to Oath's trusted data, high quality inventory and demand, creative ad experiences and industry-leading machine learning, at global scale.
The revenue growth for Oath / Verizon Media Group will be derived from effectively leveraging current and future online marketing methods. New traffic quality & malware programs, marketplace policies and technical requirements will play a key role in helping the company to achieve this growth. As a core member of the Traffic Quality team within the Network Quality group, the Sr. Manager will need to have strong delivery, technical, and managerial skills. This role will focus on internet traffic and malware investigations through algorithmic and technical analysis, continual process excellence, global team coordination and incident & problem management.
The Network Quality team requires someone who is highly motivated, passionate and experienced in the Internet threat landscape and advertising industry to bring their expertise and new methods to our team in identifying and preventing risk, malicious or fraudulent activity. This person will help to develop new methods and standards for the team to utilize in conducting data analysis, identifying problematic sources of traffic and in mitigating threats in a timely manager. Additionally, the role will partner with other business and engineering teams to identify and resolve recurring Malvertising or Traffic Quality issues. He/she works will also partner cross-functionally to meet the needs of advertisers, publishers and internal business owners; including product, engineering, finance, legal, customer service, and sales teams located around the globe.
* Respond and investigate to both internal and external escalation from novice end users to industry experts
* Investigate Traffic Quality threats (e.g. botnets, non-human traffic) on our Display advertising platforms
* Investigate Malvertising threats in Rich Media advertisements and on publisher sites
* Identify methods to proactively monitor and detect TQ and/or malvertising threats - operationally and via technology
* Develop algorithms, tools and techniques to efficiently investigate or shape invalid advertising traffic within display advertising market
* Queue management, including monitoring job progress and status, monitoring Service Level Agreements , volume, productivity and quality
* Team management through group organization, planning, budgeting, process creation and documentation. Including individual goal setting, performance, development and growth.
* Partner with product and engineering groups in Advertising to resolve issues and improve our defenses from abuse and emerging threats
* Gain intelligence and expertise in the area of traffic quality and malware/malvertising by participating in conferences/forums and industry events for online advertising, malware, data mining, analytics and Traffic Quality
Minimum Job Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security and Forensics
* 5+ years of experience in the Online Publishing or Advertising industry (Ad Network, Publisher, Ad Agency, DSP)
* 5+ years of experience managing an international team of 5 or more, especially a group of remote analysts, engineers or services-oriented employees
* 3+ years of having analytical, problem solving and data-driven decision making skills with experience in performing data analysis, synthesizing/manipulating relevant data, and presenting recommendations to management
* 3+ years of direct operations experience and responsibility as an operations service leader preferably in a Customer Service or Engineering Services environment
* Demonstrated people management skills and strong leadership with ability to support and facilitate the development of others, and to manage and motivate diverse team members
* Demonstrated success in cross group collaboration, dealing with ambiguity and problem definition and excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including senior executive level
* Ability to work with technical professionals and communicate business requirement and understand the inter-dependability of various systems and processes, with proven experience developing and implementing business process improvement solutions
* Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritize accordingly with proven track record in achieving business objectives
* Experience with web technologies such as Linux, Apache, MySQL, PERL
Preferable Job Qualifications
* Graduate degree in a technical discipline or business administration
* Certification in Information Security or Ethical Hacking
* Experience in behavioral malware analysis and dissection using IDA Pro or VM's
* Experience in analyzing data sets using pattern recognition techniques and statistical techniques to find patterns of behavior indicative of fraud, and in helping to design rule sets to detect fraud and other invalid types of behavior
* Experience in the creation and deployment of guidelines and policies, in conjunction with legal and internal stakeholders
* Knowledge of online advertising industry & web analytics tools, with basic financial principles, reporting and ratios
* Strong Presentation skills - coherently and concisely put together strategies and thought, influencing skills
* A good understanding of the overall online search and display advertising industry and the contributing factors that can impact traffic quality
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
Associated topics: bicyclist, flagger, logistics transportation, pedestrian, procure, shuttle, supply chain, traffic, van, warehouse worker