Technical support engineers must understand and demonstrate knowledge of varied technologies ranging across multiple disciplines - ion optics, mass spectrometry, x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, secondary ion mass spectrometry, ion optics, high voltage and low voltage electronics, mechanical systems, high vacuum systems, power systems, and various software operating systems and applications. Technical support engineers need to be experienced and demonstrate capability in project management, escalation management, and management of new product introduction (NPI) programs from a service perspective.
These individuals must have experience in technical training development and delivery including the development of service support documentation, processes and procedures. Engineers must demonstrate the ability to interface with multifunctional groups to ensure the successful support, installation, qualification, maintenance and repair of Nova products at factory locations or at customer sites in a manner that meets both customer and Nova expectations.
1. Provide field engineer and customer support, including problem diagnosis, repair, installation, modification and upgrade of systems as well as customer training.
2. Demonstrate ability to manage escalations and critical customer situations successfully.
3. Act as primary contact between factory, field and customer for collection and analysis of system performance data, collection of system reliability data, as well as system tracking and customer satisfaction
4. Coordinate all service activities with field teams and customers to maximize system tool up time and performance.
5. Collect, prepare and formally communicate with the field, customers and headquarters, daily, weekly, monthly and other routine customer and factory required data analysis and quality metrics.
6. Work closely with field support, engineering and operations to provide feedback on serviceability, reliability, ease of installation, upgrades and other customer / tool related quality metrics and issues.
7. Report design, reliability and/or maintenance issues to engineering.
8. Create, edit and review technical field and training materials and documentation.
9. Support beta programs at customer sites and at headquarters
10. Demonstrate ability to develop technical training programs and classes, as well as experience in delivery of training to field personal and customers including the successful mentoring and on-the-job training of new personnel.
1. Ability to work effectively in a multifunctional team, including Field Teams, Engineering, Operations, Tech Support, Applications, Marketing and Sales.
2. Excellent problem-solving skills
3. Strong analytical, data analysis and diagnostics ability.
4. Excellent written and oral communications
5. Excellent knowledge of semiconductor technical support requirements as well as field service processes and procedures.
6. Strong project and time management skills
7. Excellent customer relations and communications skill.
8. Excellent escalation management skills
9. Training development and delivery expertise
10. New product introduction management experience
Associated topics: client support, customer support, desk, edi, excel, information technology help desk, support, system support, technical support, troubleshoot
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.