- 1351 Los Arboles Ave
- Sunnyvale, CA 94087
NetApp is a hybrid cloud data services and data management company headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. Founded in 1992, NetApp has repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards for over two decades. Behind our success is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. Join us, and we'll help you do your best work.
NetApp is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated Tax Director to lead key aspects of our corporate tax function. The Tax Director will be responsible for US GAAP world-wide tax accounting and reporting, domestic income tax compliance, and domestic income tax audits. The Director will interface regularly with upper management and will play a key role in cross functional initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Own all aspects of US GAAP world-wide tax accounting and reporting. Present quarterly and annual results to upper management and independent auditors.
* Identify and mitigate company risks and communicate areas of potential exposure to management. Analyze and document FIN 48/ASC 740-10 and FAS 5 reserves.
* Research, analyze, and implement the impacts of accounting standard changes and tax law developments.
* Analyze tax accounting and reporting requirements for business combinations, debt and equity offerings, and other major corporate transactions.
* Ensure proper documentation and compliance with SOX 404 internal control requirements.
* Work with financial planning team to forecast ETR, cash taxes, and impacts of potential business activities.
* Lead domestic income tax compliance process including the identification of potential tax saving opportunities.
* Manage domestic income tax audits and inquiries by governmental authorities. Maintain concurrent, audit-ready workpapers and financial records for all filings.
* Drive process improvements and implement technological solutions to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
* Manage, develop, and mentor team members.
* Act as lead tax advisor for cross functional initiatives.
* Work with tax planning team and external advisors to implement tax restructuring and other planning opportunities.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting and / or Tax.
* CPA preferred.
* Minimum 12 years experience covering the above Essential Duties and Responsibilities as a tax professional in public accounting or in a combination of public accounting and corporate tax departments.
* Strong knowledge of ASC 740 and tax law.
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work, and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Flexible mindset and willingness to embrace change.
* Demonstrate high integrity and ethics.
* Willingness and ability to manage and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
* Willingness and ability to collaborate with international and indirect tax personnel and cross functional teams.
* Willingness and ability to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review.
* Independent and self-driven with the ability to find solutions and make decisions in a fast-paced environment.