Maxim Healthcare Services is hiring Registered Nurses with pediatric specialties to work school nursing contract assignments in Southern California.
Locations: Compton, Torrance, Inglewood, Hawthorne, Downeyand Palos Verdes, CA
Contract Details: Full time hours, 2018-2019 school year
Shifts Available: Days
Requirements: At least 1 year of relevant experience and recent experience within the last 2 years. Applicants with the School Credential or BSN are highly preferred.
Submit your resume to Katherine (contact information below) and use this link: rss1.maxhealth.com/maxim/candidate.cfm to apply online today!
The Certified School Nurse (CSN) identifies and treats health conditions among students in the school setting. The CSN provides instruction for the student s general well being and disease prevention. They must assess the student s physical conditions in the school setting and refer the student to appropriate resources as needed to be successful in school.
- Conducts Individualized Education Program (IEP) meeting plans as needed.
- Promotes healthy practices and nursing services to the students so they will be successful in general education classes
- Provides professional nursing services as defined by your State Professional Practices Nursing
- Act and state School Nurse certification requirements
- Coordinates services with other special services personnel within the school to support students in school to learn
- Communicates with School Administrators, teachers and other staff members about students with specific health problems using the HIPAA and federal laws.
- Follows the school s district policies for health, emergency care, accidents, drug abuse and bullying
- Notifies school Administers, local health department, parents and staff about confirmed communicable diseases within your school. Follow school districts policy concerning this
- Conducts and writes the necessary legal reports for the IEP meeting. Including assessment planning, Health History or Medical Review for the student
- Writes student s IEP goals related to student s health condition that is impacting student s learning in school
- Follows state laws concerning Asthma, Food Allergies, use of an Epi-Pen use and Medication laws providing documentation per your school district policy
- Completes and files school and state reports regarding screenings, immunizations, physicals, etc
- Charts pertinent information on student's health file
- Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program
- Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies
- Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and the health department
- Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services
- Maintains security of school health supplies and medication in school setting
- Instructs students in health education according to the state curriculum (K-12)
- Serves as a resource person on health issues
- Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required
- Recommends corrective action where problems are identified
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development, symptoms of disease and discuss with parents
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students
- Ability to develop positive working relationships
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Current nursing license for the state in which the nurse practices
- Professional Educator License per state/client requirement
- Current health certificate (if applicable per state/client requirement)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- One year prior professional nursing experience preferred
- Current BLS card
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.
- Considerable knowledge of child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Understand the school organization and the community served.
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, ccu, hospice, neonatal, registed, surgical, tcu, transitional, unit