Oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company's compensation function. Manages the development and administration of job descriptions, job evaluations and salary surveys. Establishes salary structures, develops salary budgets and prepares policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation. Works with line management to assess competitive labor market trends. Maintains a working knowledge of federal and state legislation and labor contracts that may affect compensation policies. May be responsible for incentive, bonus plan design and program administration to attract, motivate and retain employees. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* Directs subordinate manager(s) or functional compensation leads/experts; responsible for recruitment, selection, development, training, management of compensation staff; may have direct reports responsible for multiple functional areas.
* Typically leads compensation for a larger region or major functional areas across KP to include strategic accountability for overall compensation program design/admin.
* Works with Executive Level on business strategies as they relate to Compensation and Human Resources. Obtains approval for recommended Compensation Programs.
* Influences and guides KP's total rewards strategy.
* May be responsible for multiple related HR functions (e.g., Benefits, HRIS) in addition to Compensation.
* Contributes to National and/or Inter-Regional Labor Management Partnership initiatives and partners with labor relations function.
* Serves as expert resource for the organization for compensation related issues.
* Represents Compensation on complex inter-departmental/cross-regional projects & SME (subject matter expert) task forces.
* Serves as formal point of contact and final authority/compensation representative for external audits/inquiries.
* Manages client/customer relationship at most senior executive levels.
* Accountable for budget development & management.
* Minimum eight (8) years of leadership or management experience.
* Minimum ten (10) years of compensation or human resources experience to include salary administration.
* Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Requires expert knowledge of compensation and advanced knowledge of multiple related functions.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Minimum ten (10) years of leadership or management experience preferred.
* Minimum twelve (12) years of compensation experience to include salary administration preferred.
* Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Director/Senior Director Job Category: Human Resources / HRIS Department: National Compensation Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Click here for additional requirements >
Associated topics: benefit, compensation, enrollment, hr, human resource, hunter, labor, talent accquisition, talent management, train