We are working with an acute care hospital along the central coast of CA to locate a Infection Preventionist.
Here is what we are looking for in a qualified candidate:
- Requires a current RN license with BSN preferred, OR Masters in Public Health (MPH), OR a bachelor's degree in microbiology or epidemiology.
- Must be already working as an Infection Preventionist and involved in creating infection prevention control programs
- 2-3 years clinical experience in an acute care hospital setting.
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC), HOWEVER, if you do not have this, it MUST be obtained within 2 years of hire.
- Cerner proficiency preferred
- demonstrated working knowledge of and experience in epidemiological and surveillance principles of Federal, CA State and local regulations, current infection prevention standards, and of public health reporting and regulations.
- Knows how to do Gap Analysis
- Must have numerical ability to prepare statistical reports, and analytical and grammatical skills to enable effective written and verbal communication.
It is Preferred and a PLUS if you have the following:
Salary is based on years of experience and starts at $ 80,000 and goes higher based on years of experience and education. RELOCATION OFFERED. Salary negotiable for the right candidate.Our client offers excellent benefits! Full comprehensive benefits package. should you meet the qualifications, we will supply you with more details.
- Association for Practitioners in Infection Control (APIC) training course or equivalent desired.
- Computer skills, research and basic statistical is preferred.
OUR CLIENT OFFERS SO MUCH MORE!
What is great about the opportunity and area? Small acute care hospital with an average of 85 bed occupancy. Here you can be a big fish in a small pond and have your talents easily noticed. Strong, supportive staff. You will be working closely with the Dir of Quality. Our client facility is near the coast, between Monterey and Santa Barbara offering a high level of care along the central coast of CA. Established wine country. Excellent area to raise a family. Very little traffic. Reasonable cost of living within15-20 minutes of the facility.What you can expect from the role:
The infection control practitioner plans, develops, directs, implements and evaluates infection prevention within a hospital or health care facility. This position is supervised by the director of nursing and serves to instruct personnel in proper infection control procedure. The infection control practitioner investigates infection control problems and arranges follow-up care for patients exposed to infectious diseases.
Our ideal candidate is a highly energetic individual with the desire to develop and implement infection control training programs. The successful candidate is one able to plan and conduct training seminars and exercises with a working knowledge of nursing practice and theory. The infection control practitioner possesses excellent written, interpersonal, time management and presentation skills with flexibility to meet a wide range of service needs.
To learn more about this great opportunity and health system, please email us your resume along with the best days and times to reach you.
Please email us your resume along with salary requirements should you meet the requirements of the role.