Under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant may give patient care. He/she may perform selected nursing procedures as defined in the Patient Care Standards Manual. Under supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant provides a support function to the nurse by coordinating special tasks and assisting where needed. The Certified Nursing Assistant collaborates with other members of the patient care team to provide care in accordance with the medical plan of care.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
* Six months previous CNA experience
* Previous hospital experience
* Previous acute care CNA experience
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
* Current CNA certification with the CA Department of Health Services Licensing & Certification Board
* Current CPR certification
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Must demonstrate technical competence, communication skills and sensitivity for the hospitalized patient and family. Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.