Crenn Dining group seeks Human resources Manager.
Crenn Dining Group currently includes Petit Crenn, One-Michelin star Bar Crenn, and Three-Michelin star Atelier Crenn. At the heart of each CDG restaurant is Chef Dominique Crenn s personal memories, inspirations, and ethos that she wishes to interpret and share with her guests.
The Crenn Dining Group is a team of hospitality professionals who strive for much more than culinary excellence and perfectly-executed service. We endeavor to be conscientious stewards of our planet and vocal supporters of sustainability. Both on and beyond the plate, we seek to create personal connections with our patrons through artistic storytelling, forward-thinking debate, and continuous conversation.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, this role will bridge all CDG restaurants together in operational practices including Human Resources, Personnel Management, Development of Culture, Employee Growth and Benefits. This position is meant to standardize practices and policies across all of CDG, while continuing to push our goal of becoming the best restaurant to work at in San Francisco. You are the champion of the staff, while also being the protector of our business. This balance comes from education, organization, and emotional intelligence.
- Meticulous working habits and organization skills
- Patient, social and talented with managing human relations
- Multitasking, working with a constantly changing list of tasks and priorities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Have a proactive and creative approach to problem solving, resourcefulness
- A fundamental commitment to the well-being of the company and to staff belonging to the family
- Having strong understanding of aesthetics and standards of the restaurant, designing and implementing procedures and products accordingly
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Responsible for conducting all personnel management for Crenn Dining Group.
- Maintain and update job descriptions as needed
- Enroll new employee and create a digital folder for each one.
- Find new and creative ways to advertise for the company and promote benefits.
- Work with the Director of Operation to create a hiring marketing campaign
- Using updated technology, manage the organization of all incoming resumes, interviews, follow ups, and hires.
- Work with the management teams on appropriate verbiage when interviewing.
- Attend educational opportunities and conferences regarding new hiring practices and networking within our industry.
- Follow employee orientation, development, and training. Follow disciplinary action when necessary. Be able to discipline and coach 1st level of management.
- Ensure that all new hire paperwork is filled out, up to date, and accurate.
- Constantly measure the satisfaction rate of each employee
- Develop monthly training for management, worker comp, branding, safety, leadership...
- Maintain employee contact lists, including birthdays and anniversary of hires.
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics
- Reviews and Documentation
- Maintain a calendar of reviews for each employee at CDG. When necessary, remind Managers about reviews and counsel them on how to conduct with best practices.
- Standardize review sheets for hourly employees, as well as management. Constantly look for new ways to set goals during the review process and improve our system of performance evaluations.
- Organize all appropriate documents relating to reviews, position changes, and new rates of pay.
- Comply with all Federal and State laws about termination of employees and make sure Managers are educated on all best practices.
- When an employee leaves the company, document the reason and make sure they are removed from all relevant documents and communications.
- J1 Trainee Visas
- Coordinate and submit training plans and applications for candidates. Follow through on all paperwork needed for appropriate entry to U.S.
- Keep track of employee to trainee ratio (5:1)
- Liaison with incoming, accepted candidates to assist with arrival
- Review and educate staff on safety within the restaurants and what to do if there is an injury
- Manage all workers compensation claims and make sure restaurant information is up to date
- Find training programs for the staff that increase their safety knowledge
- Attend seminars, read articles, and stay up to date on the latest movements for human resources, benefits, and healthy living in the field of hospitality.
- Consistently look to improve the benefits Crenn Dining Group is able to offer its employees.
- This includes but is not limited to: Paid Parental Leave, Gym Memberships, Scholarship Opportunities, Travel Benefits, Educational Compensation, Financial Planning, Extended Commuter Benefits
- Meet with members of the CDG team to learn about what benefits would appeal to them and provide an avenue for feedback on a regular basis.
- Work with the CDG Directors to educate all team members about their available benefits relative to their status as an employee of CDG.
Staff Culture and Healthy Living
- Work with CDG Directors and restaurant Management to plan continual staff education and development opportunities.
- Budget and execute random acts of kindness for the staff
- Juice days, yoga classes, art exhibits
- Outdoor activities and hikes
- Work with culinary team to develop healthy practices for family meal
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance offered
- 401K retirement plan available to eligible employees after 1 year of employment
- 15% discount at all Yoga Tree locations in San Francisco
Please include a resume and cover letter when applying for the position. Thank you for your interest.
More detail about Crenn Dining Group HQ part of Crenn Dining Group, please visit
Associated topics: associate director, chief human resource officer, chro, guide, guidance, head, leadership, monitor, senior director, vice president