Bobit Business Media has an exciting opportunity in our Torrance, CA headquarters for an experienced event management executive.
The Vice President of Events is responsible for the direction, production, growth, and management of all Bobit Business Media trade shows, conferences and other specialty events.
The Vice President of Events will be adept at shifting from the strategic to the tactical aspects of exposition and conference management. This role will collaborate with the executive leadership team as well as clients, vendors, and partners to drive our events strategy. Strategic vision, insightful budget management, relationship-building skills, and strong negotiation skills will be key aspects of the job.
We are fast-growing and need someone who can keep up with our need to create and promote events, oversee all related operations, and take our event revenue to new heights.
- Oversees planning of all show experiences, programming, and operations
- Coordinates staff and vendors across all aspects of show planning and execution
- Engages with managers and clients to identify new strategic initiatives to reinforce the relevance and importance of our events
- Identifies and creates new opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors to increase their ROI
- Negotiates contracts with vendors, host cities, and business partners while ensuring internal parameters and goals are maintained
- Addresses and resolves attendee and exhibitor/sponsor challenges
- Explores new opportunities for trade shows and conference design and growth ? keeping our operations current with or ahead of trends
- Bachelor?s degree or higher in a related field ? or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience directing major conferences and events
- Track record in management and expansion of mature conferences
- Experience producing and analyzing ROI metrics
- Strong negotiator with contract management skills
- Meticulously organized and able to prioritize, plan, and execute large scale projects timely
- Self-motivated, results driven with strategic vision
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), and adept at successfully communicating with internal and external individuals of all levels
- Budget management expertise; comfortable collaborating with finance/accounting
- Experience with project management software
- Has experience supervising and leading highly successful teams
- Able to juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously with a cool head
- Meets tight deadlines when needed
About Bobit Business Media:
Businesses run faster, smarter, and better with essential information and services Bobit provides. We bring buyers and sellers together through our media and events. We help advance the markets we serve and their critical business decisions are made with the information, data, and technology we deliver. Bobit helps business move forward. Bobit Business Media is a national B2B media company providing business information and solutions via print and digital magazines, digital media, live events and specialized marketing tools.
No phone calls / No agencies, principals only
Associated topics: ad, alumni, community, hospital, lead generation, media, newspaper, presale, public relations, solicitation