Advanced Practice - Family Medicine opening in CA- Permanent/Full-Time
Archway Physician Recruitment
Healthcare - Physician
1853 Gibson Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in , California. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com**Advanced Practice opening in California**
* Located in ***Yuba City, CA*** * Primary Care/Occupational Medicine * Full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner * The provider will practice alongside a registered nurse and a medical assistant * Monday - Friday with some possible Saturday hours (no call)
* Evaluation and treatment of illnesses and injuries while functioning as an advocate for both the patient/employee and the employer * Provide the following services to employees, their spouses and dependents age two years and older. * Urgent care for minor, non-work related illnesses and injuries * Limited primary care for chronic stable medical conditions * Preventive care programs (i.e. screening for hypertension, diabetes and high cholesterol) * Adult immunizations and influenza immunizations for children * Occupational health injury evaluation and treatment * Exceptional customer service skills * Participate in, support, develop and help motivate others to participate in wellness programs * Ability to conduct physical exams and interpret exam results required for regulatory and policy compliance, e.g., physical abilities testing * Assist with pre-employment and employee drug screens. * Discuss patient care with the supervising/collaborative physician, the patients primary care physician (where applicable) and other care-givers as appropriate. * Compliance with CDC guidelines for vaccine storage, handling, and administration. * Initial evaluation and stabilization of patients who present with illnesses or injuries that require a higher level of care or EMS transport. * Complete and timely documentation of clinical care in the electronic medical record in compliance with documentation standards. * Prompt, predictable attendance * Provide basic CPR training and refresher training (does not need to certify individuals) * Strict adherence to HIPAA regulations, ability to appropriately handle sensitive/personal medical information * Able to respond to emergency/crisis situations in a calm and thoughtful manner * Participates in fire drills/exercises, and assist in disaster evacuation planning as needed * Meets routinely with client Human Resources and/or Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) teams to inform them of the needs or concerns of various work units
**Minimum Experience Requirements:**
* No New Grads Must have at least 1 year experience in primary care/ family / urgent care / occupational health * The following represent some, but not all, of the specific clinical skills that are required: * Intramuscular, intravenous and subcutaneous medication administration * Phlebotomy, including finger sticks * Performance and interpretation of basic point-of-care tests * Intravenous catheter insertion and fluid administration * Splinting of minor orthopedic injuries * Laceration repair, including suturing and the use of skin adhesives * Incision and drainage of superficial abscesses * Ear lavage * Trephination of subungal hematomas * Management of cardiac arrest
* Basic computer skills required include, but are not limited to the following: * Ability to access and use the internet and email programs * Ability to use Microsoft Word * Ability to use Microsoft Excel * Experience working with EMR systems * Come join a vibrant team of professionals who practice medicine by spending quality time with patients, understanding their needs and determining the best treatment options available.
We offer a great benefit package for full-time associates including: paid time off, immediate health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match and CME/professional expense. Malpractice coverage is provided at no cost to you. Bonus opportunities and relocation assistance are available.
Associated topics: care, care physician, clinic, family medicine, family medicine physician, general practice, nocturnist, practice, practitioner, primary care
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.