Family Practice/Primary Care opening in , California. This and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com**Advanced Practice opening in California**
* Located in ***Yuba City, CA***
* Primary Care/Occupational Medicine
* Full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
* The provider will practice alongside a registered nurse and a medical assistant
* Monday - Friday with some possible Saturday hours (no call)
* Evaluation and treatment of illnesses and injuries while functioning as an advocate for both the patient/employee and the employer
* Provide the following services to employees, their spouses and dependents age two years and older.
* Urgent care for minor, non-work related illnesses and injuries
* Limited primary care for chronic stable medical conditions
* Preventive care programs (i.e. screening for hypertension, diabetes and high cholesterol)
* Adult immunizations and influenza immunizations for children
* Occupational health injury evaluation and treatment
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Participate in, support, develop and help motivate others to participate in wellness programs
* Ability to conduct physical exams and interpret exam results required for regulatory and policy compliance, e.g., physical abilities testing
* Assist with pre-employment and employee drug screens.
* Discuss patient care with the supervising/collaborative physician, the patients primary care physician (where applicable) and other care-givers as appropriate.
* Compliance with CDC guidelines for vaccine storage, handling, and administration.
* Initial evaluation and stabilization of patients who present with illnesses or injuries that require a higher level of care or EMS transport.
* Complete and timely documentation of clinical care in the electronic medical record in compliance with documentation standards.
* Prompt, predictable attendance
* Provide basic CPR training and refresher training (does not need to certify individuals)
* Strict adherence to HIPAA regulations, ability to appropriately handle sensitive/personal medical information
* Able to respond to emergency/crisis situations in a calm and thoughtful manner
* Participates in fire drills/exercises, and assist in disaster evacuation planning as needed
* Meets routinely with client Human Resources and/or Environmental Safety and Health (ES&H) teams to inform them of the needs or concerns of various work units
**Minimum Experience Requirements:**
* No New Grads Must have at least 1 year experience in primary care/ family / urgent care / occupational health
* The following represent some, but not all, of the specific clinical skills that are required:
* Intramuscular, intravenous and subcutaneous medication administration
* Phlebotomy, including finger sticks
* Performance and interpretation of basic point-of-care tests
* Intravenous catheter insertion and fluid administration
* Splinting of minor orthopedic injuries
* Laceration repair, including suturing and the use of skin adhesives
* Incision and drainage of superficial abscesses
* Ear lavage
* Trephination of subungal hematomas
* Management of cardiac arrest
* Basic computer skills required include, but are not limited to the following:
* Ability to access and use the internet and email programs
* Ability to use Microsoft Word
* Ability to use Microsoft Excel
* Experience working with EMR systems
* Come join a vibrant team of professionals who practice medicine by spending quality time with patients, understanding their needs and determining the best treatment options available.
We offer a great benefit package for full-time associates including: paid time off, immediate health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match and CME/professional expense. Malpractice coverage is provided at no cost to you. Bonus opportunities and relocation assistance are available.
Associated topics: care, clinic, family medicine physician, family practice, family practice physician, hospitalist, practice, primary, primary care, urgent